For this episode Todd and Zia Tammami connect again, but this time Zia interviews Todd about the history of Underground Storage Tanks (UST) Regulations.
Key Topics and Takeaways
- Todd Explains how UST Regulations have Evolved over time
- In the 1970’s and 80’s during an environmental awakening more regulations were developed to protect human health.
- In 1983, an expose on 60 minutes brought underground storage tanks under more scutinty
- To help with this, the EPA established the Motor Fuels Underground Storage Trust Fund, which meant that every time a gallon of gas was sold, a fraction of a penny was moved to the trust fund, which went towards helping clean up spills, protecting drinking water and the environment.
- How the Automobile Industry is adapting