On this episode Todd Perry chats with Trey Hess about how to work with Regulators. Trey was once a regulator at Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and is now a consultant at PPM. Trey has a unique perspective on how companies can best work with regulators.
Key Topics and Takeaways
- Regulators and companies CAN work well together
- Regulators are usually scientists and problem solvers and typically work to build trust and collaboration with companies
- Regulators have a duty to protect human health and the environment
- Trey discusses why it’s important to work with a consultant on working on a permit
- Todd and Trey talk about the challenges that companies and regulators face
- Trey talks about some of the biggest mistakes a company could make when working with regulators