In this episode, host Todd Perry welcomes Michael Ellison, Principal/Senior Engineer and District Manager for the PPM Consultants office in Birmingham, Alabama. Michael has three decades of experience in the environmental field ranging from general environmental compliance to soil and groundwater contamination assessments and remedial actions.
Tune in to hear Michael explain how and why assessments are initiated, and some of the challenges and requirements encountered at different types of sites containing different kinds of materials.
Key Topics and Takeaways
- Assessments are often initiated by real estate transactions
- Potential environmental impact is important for buyers to know
- Baseline assessments- current owners can know what to expect
- Planning assessments – known releases make it easier
- Regulatory requirements and reporting findings
- Materials and how they behave in sub-surfaces
- Complications at larger facilities
- Michael will be back to go in-depth on remediation after site assessments
- Reach out to us with any questions through the website link below
Resources and Links