In this episode, host Todd Perry welcomes Isaac Smith, a PPM Principal, District Manager, and Environmental Compliance Manager in the Spanish Fort office. Isaac has over 20 years of experience in the environmental field, specializing in air permitting and compliance, but his technical experience includes water and waste permitting and compliance, risk management plans, and process safety management. Tune in to hear insider info on how to prepare for an audit, what triggers an external audit, and some best practices to maintain day-to-day to be ready for any audit that comes your way.
Key Topics and Takeaways
- When does an audit come up and what are the different types?
- Internal vs. Third-Party Audits
- Audits can help your organization on track with operations, permits, regulations, etc.
- Audits and ‘grey areas’
- Responsibility for knowledge of regulations is YOURS – not the state’s
- Best practices – what can you do to prepare?
- States and their different regulations, EPA audit policy
- Good housekeeping is crucial..every single day
- Reach out to us with any questions through the website link below
Resources and Links