PPM Consultants is currently seeking an experienced Full Charge Bookkeeper in our Birmingham, Alabama corporate office.
The individual in this position will apply accounting principles to work that is analytical, creative, and evaluative in nature. This position requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile and submit business and payroll taxes/licenses
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Assist in preparation of Company monthly, quarterly and year-end internal financial statements
- Ensure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies, and objectives.
- Within the limits of delegated responsibility, make day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
- Recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyze contracts, orders and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- May establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Organize and research financial information for other departments as necessary.
- Interpret and point out trends or deviations from standards.
- Responsible for responding to audit requests (Government, insurance, owner, other.)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience with project based software and/or ERP systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure within limited timeframe.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/deadlines.
- Very detail-oriented with exceptional level of accuracy and follow through – highly organized.
- High-level of computer skills including MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Internet,
- Works well both within teams and independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to producing results.